Specialties: Framing vision, analytic consulting, analytic leadership, strategic analytics, business value, communications, self-motivated leader, team player, customer segmentation, profiling, prospecting analytics, retention analytics, loyalty analytics, contact strategies, offer optimization, multi-channel marketing, multi-product marketing, behavioral profiling, market research, multi-variate regression, multi-variate testing, exploratory data analysis, factor analysis, demographic and lifestyle data expert, creating marketing, data fusion, data mining, database marketing, online display marketing, machine learning, gradient boosting, random forest, SAS, R, SQL, Oracle Data Miner, Teradata, FOCUS, Excel
Principal at Pinpoint Targeting, LLC
October 2015 – Present (11 months)
Pinpoint Targeting is a consulting and analytical services company whose sole mission is to create business value and strategic insight from data analytics. Accomplishments:
- Implemented a machine learning modeling process for a financial services marketer, reducing costs by 30% and improving results by 10%.
- Created a propensity modeling program to grow digital ad exchange revenue by $1.5MM, or 10%.
- Created a recommendation engine that optimized data enrichment proposals through machine learning ensembles.
Pinpoint Targeting clients look to expand application and monetization of their marketing data through improved customer acquisition and retention.
Sr. Director, Data Assets at Epsilon
January 2014 – July 2016 (2 years 7 months)
Developed analytical and modeling data services to retain business and drive new revenue. Led effort to develop ensemble modeling and launch three data dimensions of Epsilon’s flagship data product, TotalSource Plus™:
- Financial – Estimates of income, net worth, home value, and ability to pay (Value Score)
- Market Trends – Over 250 data propensities predicting consumer lifestyles and behaviors
- Market View – Transactional targeting data across 62 categories and 900 merchants. Hilton and United deployed transactional data, growing their data spend by 10%.
Sr. Director, Analytical Consulting Services at Epsilon Targeting
July 2010 – December 2013 (3 years 6 months)
Defined the vision and led a merged analytic organization formed after the sale of Equifax’s Direct Marketing Solutions (July, 2010).
- Led 12 analysts and consultants responsible for over $25MM in annual revenue generated from custom analytical solutions. Retained all staff through the company integration period.
- Led $100k+ projects for Travelers (segmentation), Verizon (prospect modeling), and Synchrony (profitability uplift).
Director Analytic Consulting at Equifax
October 2000 – June 2010 (9 years 9 months)
- Led analytical marketing services, including a team of 11 analysts tasked with providing analytical consulting solutions to Equifax clients.
- Grew $8MM in revenue and over 300 client solutions annually across various industries, and 10% annually
- Co-led cross-functional team tasked with designing and implementing aggregated credit data product
- Led efforts to create and deploy the Household Income Identifier and Niches, a segmentation of the US market
- Delivered custom segmentation, predictive models, optimum contact analysis, and campaign analytic solutions to Equifax clients and grew results 10% year-over-year.
Assoc Dir, Customer Acquisition Analysis at Time Inc.
1996 – 2000
Designed and developed analytical solutions. Led team of four whose work produced $3MM in profitability gains from response and payment models, as well CHAID analyses, segmentation analyses, and profiling.
- Managed the development, maintenance, and design of the company predictive modeling system.
- Grew TIME magazine database acquisition mailings over 300%, from 6 million to 20 million pieces, over three years through the use of corporate marketing database segmentation and predictive modeling
- Improved outside list rental profitability by 10% through offer optimization modeling
- Led cross-departmental team in the development and implementation of multivariate tests of a large number of carefully controlled creative executions, greatly improving testing efficiency and cycle time
Prior Experience (Information Systems, Consulting):
- Grew Time Warner Corporate Database by 25% to 50 million households and reduced build costs by 15% through efficiencies.
- Developed and implemented database systems for inventory control, sales costs, and sales contacts.
- Designed and implemented systems for international subscription fulfillment, newsstand and agent accounts receivable, general ledger, executive information reporting.
- Designed and implemented property management system for Exxon/Mobil.
Education and Training
MBA, Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University, NY
BA, Mathematics and Linguistics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Master R Developer Workshop, RStudio, New York